As a result of your car accident injury, you may be experiencing more stress than just the pain.
The process of receiving proper compensation is even more stressful.
Following are some questions to ask your personal injury attorney while ensuring the best outcome for you and your family.
- How will I communicate with you during my case?
- Will I be given direct access to you for questions I have as the case progresses?
- How quickly can I expect you to get back with me?
- If you are on vacation, who will I speak with while you are away?
- Is there anything I can do or get that will help with my case?
The answer to that question, there is something you can do. you can retrieve lists of potential witness and doctors that may be helpful as your personal injury attorney is working your case.
Your lawyer will tell you exactly what you can do that will affect the outcome.
- What happens if I’m not satisfied with the settlement offer?
- Will we go to trial?
- The converse may also apply. What if I’m okay with the settlement and you want to proceed?
- Am I allowed to add matters to the personal injury lawyer retainer? For instance, if I retain an attorney to handle a vehicle accident case and then need assistance with another issue, will that attorney help with this also?
- Can you visit me in the hospital or at my home?
This is an acceptable practice. Victims with physical or mental issues which confine them to a particular place can expect their personal injury lawyer to visit them wherever necessary.
After leaving your attorney’s office, evaluate these things.
- How did you feel visiting with your lawyer and paralegal or clerk in their office?
- Did you feel good, indifferent, optimistic, hopeful, meaningful, heard, and confident?
- Or, did you feel marginalized, sill for being there, trivialized, or as if they thought yours was just another case?
- Did you get the feeling that they valued your input with each question treated thoughtfully and answered truthfully?
- Did the lawyer appear as if he were hastening the end of your meeting, or did he/she spend time listening carefully as you related your experience?
- Did the personal injury attorney’s staff seem open and supportive? Or, were they closed and did they appear not to want to be helpful? You can get a pretty good indication of how you are going to be treated as your case progresses if you select such an attorney.
If you were referred by a friend, understand that everyone should have an attorney that is right for them and the case at hand.
It is this initial feeling when combined with the impression that your car crash lawyer is confident and capable of handling your case that will ensure the process of bringing it to a resolution that will ensure it goes smoothly.
Law Office of Rodney K. Okano
6069 S Fort Apache Rd #100,
Las Vegas, NV 89148, USA